Sunday, March 12, 2006

News from Angie

Here we are! I was looking out the open doorway of the hill tribe church that a team built last February at a red setting sun thinking, "I am actually in Thailand!" You'd think I have that figured out by now, it is not this HOT and HUMID in the northwest! Just looking out over the hillsides with such varied foliage, banana palms, tall pampas grasses, teak and 60 foot tall bamboo trees in the twilight maybe the mood is right for me to realize or acclimate to being in a totally different culture. There is a real transition to be made just arriving here (Day 6 since departure but only our first day in the countryside)to coming alongside rather than feeling totally like an outsider. We are called "farong", foreigner. We joined with this hill tribe, the akha, for evening worship. I wish I had the time to describe it here. I am at the building project and Sam-long, just arrived, the building “foreman" just arrived so I've got to go! Computers are wonderful!!. Lots of technology here.

Thank you for your prayers. God's grace has been obvious.

The youth went to the High School to "teach English". They will show scripture and parallel it with their language and explain. After the last team was here, the kids asked Pastor Timothy to start a church there for them. More later, I am missing the description of the new church!
God bless, Angie Feuerstein for the team

Pray: Encounter planned for Tue or Wed, Pray against spiritual attack. Need wisdom, boldness, to have the words of Christ, Good stories to explai

No comments: