Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wednesday Update: Fang

I woke up this morning with 2 calls from the US and very fogged over windows. When I left my room my glasses fogged over, too. It had been raining hard and humidity was high. But the rain made it cooler, 70% humidity and 85 F. By afternoon the rain stopped, by evening it was 60% humidity and what seemed like a cool 80 degrees.

Today was another work day. We did some cleaning up, purchased more plants, including aquatic plants for the fountain and cleaning the fountain. I also balanced the various ‘spouts’ to spew out about the same amount of water each. I spent a lot of time in the fountain, and my lower legs were pretty itchy, but ok now.

Last nights Korean barbeque caught up with me, but I think I’m ok now, just take more pepto. Once again we had breakfast, second breakfast, lunch and dinner. We successfully avoided Ritzys and KFC. We ordered family style Thai. I had my usual chopped chicken and Holy Basil, it was good. We also had Tom Yum Gook and deep fried Tilapia (excellent.) Of course Timothy tried to mess with me and ordered what he called pig intestine, which if definitely was not, probably buffalo rumen it was very flavorful but very rubbery.

I’m getting just enough chocolate to survive but the coffee situation is sad.

Tomorrow we’ll travel to Chiang Rai to pick up the team that will be doing leadership training and evangelistic outreach on Thursday and Friday.

Good night,

Bruce

No comments: