Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday: Travel, arrival in Mae Sai

Well, I've been in Mae Sai for about an hour, no travel problems, 6 hrs of sleep since I left. Had a super spicy meal for dinner.

Traveling alone is sure faster. I probably would have missed my bus in Chiang mai but zipping out of the airport (no checked luggage) and with a quick and only slightly scary tuk tuk ride, I made it to the bus station with 5 minutes to spare. The bus was second class but the AC worked so I was happy. My cell phone works here this time, but not data. Also cannot get my vioce mail.
from the bus terminal in mae sai I took a scooter taxi the 3 miles to my hotel, at significant risk to life and limb - but it was only $1.

The 2 transfers, tuk tuk and scooter, cost MORE than the 5 hour bus ride :-(

Well I'll be visiting Pastor P and speaking at his Sunday morning service tomorrow. then he and Timothy and I will meet for breakfast back at the hotel and timothy will take me on to Fang.

No comments: