Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kaarin Swanson in Australia

Whoa.
So, here I am, in Australia. The flight went well, so much better than i expected. On the LAX - Sydney flight, in the morning, they handed me a hot washcloth with tweezers... I pretended I knew what to do with it, but not before laughing at the confusion. It's not hot, just warm, like an early summer day and the geckos are pretty cool and make this chirping sound. There are some stowed away in this computer room whom were chirping last night and we thought it was a bat and even identified a peice of wood as that bat. But we were corrected and told that the bats won't come around until about april and they have a wing span of about two feet. HA.

There are two schools going on at the base right now, a Frontier's DTS and my MAD DTS. The Frontiers focus on underdeveloped countries and reaching those who havn't heard the gospel, so while my school is practicing music/art/dance they will be learning about medicine and stuff. They're leaving for the weekend to stay at a cabin but my school is staying here and we have some classes and are going to go into the city. My school (the Art part) leader was talking to me this morning about some photographers she's been looking into and art events around the city that we'll go to... there are only 4-5 of us art students which is AMAZING. I'm so glad there arn't many of us.

We have breakfast and morning tea, lunch and dinner and there's always a bin full of bread if we get hungry inbetween. So that's good, I'm glad it's bread and not something unsatisfying and lame! :)

I just wanted to drop a note and let you all know what's going on and that I REALLY appriciate your prayers!

No comments: